Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW "West Coast Battle Cry"

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW "West Coast Battle Cry"
From: Dave N2NL <n2nl@n2nl.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:04:08 -0800
>I think I'd rather be
>"@" the couch.
>"@" the NFL playoffs.
>
>Do any of these hot-shots ever operate @home @a station that they had to
>build and pay for?
>
>Enjoy yourselves.
>--
>73, Craig Cook - N7OR in Sandy, OR

Yup, I was operating from a station I designed and built myself from the ground
up,
paid for by myself.  Granted, it was at a club station location here on US Coast
Guard property, but that's because I'm not allowed to have antennas at my
assigned quarters.
Every aspect of the station including equipment and antennas are my own.

Let me see....
KL2A @ K7ZSD. Jon just moved to a new QTH a couple months ago.
KL9A @ NK7U.  Chris is in college.
N6MJ @ W6YI.  Dan is in between working and attending college.
N2NL @ K6BW.  See above.  I can't wait to build my own station once I retire
from
 active duty in a few years.
KQ7W @ N7BV  Mats just recently completed college (I think)

Thanks for the nice post, Craig.  I hope you had fun watching football.  I had
a great time making
1100 QSOs with my own station.

I hope this isn't a start of another "guest operators deserve less credit than
owner/operators" thread.
There's legitimate reasons for both, and there's far more to it than just a
bunch of guys who
leech off those with bigger/better/more valuable stations.

73, Dave N2NL