Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW "West Coast Battle Cry"

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW "West Coast Battle Cry"
From: Craig Cook <craig.n7or@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:19:20 -0800
No point. I just read on this list often that hardware makes no difference,
that winning is 100% operator only. That is why I have never finished in the
top anything, too dumb. I would think that at least one of these guys who
can't operate at home for whatever reason would just toss a random wire out
the window and finish in the top 5 using their superior skills. I would if I
had any. Nothing whatsoever against guest-operating. I certainly would do it
if I could. It may be the only way I ever operate a contest again, if this
junk collection here keeps deteriorating. So, never. I'm 45 next month, so I
can't blame college or the military. Well, unless you count my Wife and I
both working full time for one Son to go to college, which is what it is
taking us, and then just barely. I had planned on getting on for a while
using the 2 bands that still work, but I decided not to bother. The post
that stated that all the hot-shots were ready to go at the fastest speed
imaginable and kick everybody's ass was only part of the reason for that
decision.

It also never ceases to amaze me that there is a group of contesters that
all seem to know each other and communicate and share stations and help each
other, yet I know absolutely none of them. There isn't a club or anything. I
thought for a while last year I might try to resurrect the Cascade Contest
Club, but I knew I could not do it alone. Who would care if somebody they
have never heard of was trying to start a club? Correct, nobody would. And,
I am the only person who thought it might be needed, anyway.

Good scores everybody, I once broke 1000 QSOs, but that was in a 48 hour
contest, not a 10 hour contest. I'm not angry or trying to start anything,
just confused.

Please accept my apology if I pissed anyone off. Please stop responding as
of right now. Thanks.
--
73, Craig Cook - N7OR in Sandy, OR