Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW "West Coast Battle Cry"

To: "Craig Cook" <craig.n7or@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW "West Coast Battle Cry"
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:15:04 -0600
Hi Craig,

Thanks for your explanation. I can certainly see why it may seem
frustrating.

Here's the deal: while I will never compete in a DX contest (anyone outside
the Black Hole will hear stuff that's just a dream to me), would you like to
know the station with which I ran SS LP to No. 5?

TS 950SDX, TA33 at 42'. G5RV at 37'.

And I was a guest op.

Look at the WRTC combatants' scores in IARU: they all do VERY well despite
limited stations (the whole idea is to equalize stations as much as
possible. So one year at least, everybody operated with Finnish tribanders
at 50 feet and wires for everything else.)

So forgive me if I don't buy into the 'station is everything' bit of blame
application that goes with the guest op criticism.

I'm just happy that some of the best ops find a place to play. Why can't you
be happy about the continuance of contesting instead of finding excuses?

I can absolutely guarantee that N5KO at my station (MA5B at 30 feet, HF6V),
would far outdo me.

73, kelly
ve4xt