Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW Support by ARRL Officials & Officers

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW Support by ARRL Officials & Officers
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:15:50 -0800
> It is a sad commentary to see several well-known and active amateurs
> who can't even support Logbook of the World enough to upload their
> own logs.  Perhaps this indicates why LotW has still not received the
> resources necessary to properly promote it outside the US and integrate
> awards beyond DXCC (and now WAS in part) on a timely basis.
>
> 73,
>
> Joe, W4TV

I suspect that a sizeable portion of ARRL Officialdom is occupied doing
other things than operating and enjoying ham radio. Just ask your Director
and Vice Director how much time they have for actual operating now - as
compared to before they signed up for the job.  It doesn't take too many
club meetings and travel hours before your radio (and all that goes with it)
starts getting neglected. While not part of officialdom, as an ARES EC, CAC
Chair, and generator of various writing products, most of my copious free
time these days is occupied with "about" ham radio instead of "doing" ham
radio.

73, Ward N0AX