Re: [CQ-Contest] 2006 SSB WPX

To: "'cq-contest'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2006 SSB WPX
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:51:28 -0000
Even requiring it to be the operator or 'station owner' wouldn't stop
callsign borrowing in the states.  Since the fcc doesn't require a separate
'station license' any more anyone could own any station anywhere at any
time.  There is no requirement for posting of the license, or notification
of station location, or any of that kind of stuff, so callsigns are
completely portable within fcc jurisdiction.  Of course you can also get a
club vanity call very easily also which also wouldn't identify the operator
or location since all they require is a couple signatures and a trustee's
address.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net