Re: [VHFcontesting] [CQ-Contest] CQ WW VHF Recap for a Dozenparticipants

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>,CQ-Contest MailList <cq-contest@contesting.com>,VHF Contesting e-Mail List <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [CQ-Contest] CQ WW VHF Recap for a Dozenparticipants
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:48:20 -0700 (PDT)
--- Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com> wrote:

> Ev, I guess one thing puzzles me - why do you
> persist in promotingyour proprietary scoreboard
> system, knowing that it will not interoperate with
> the system being developed by the working group.

Hi Pete,
There is room for both approaches, don't you think?  I
certainly do.

The XML initiative favors HF operations for many
reasons.

The RFSport initiative favors VHFers (notice that only
contests with Grid-4's in the exchange are supported
by the system?).

In a nutshell...I see RFSport.com's system as a nice
"first generation" to use today (and get used to
realtime scoreboards), while the XML project's team
works on the second generation.

We're really on the same side, after all.  It's the
future for all of us.

Regards,
Ev, W2EV