Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW VHF Recap for a Dozen participants

To: "'CQ-Contest MailList'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>,"'VHF Contesting e-Mail List'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW VHF Recap for a Dozen participants
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:34:23 -0000
I would love to see xml replace Cabrillo, and also for contest sponsors to
supply xml specifications for their contests.  This would eliminate the need
for country and other multiplier list files, logger authors trying to
customize scoring and log submission formats for each contest, and a whole
bunch of other ugly things most people don't see.  This would make adding
new contests to a logging program as easy as downloading the contest
sponsor's xml file.  maybe someday...

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net