Re: [CQ-Contest] A proposal

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A proposal
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 16:51:33 -0400
  I think these people who claim that contest activity take up all the bands
have a "poor" excuse.

  During a DX contest only 20/15/10 meters are being used during the day and
160/80/40 and maybe
  20 meters at night. During SS you could add 40 meters as a band that would be
used during the
  day. Plus, most contests are a single mode - either CW or SSB only on a given
weekend. The only
  major multi-mode contests I can think of are IARU or the ARRL 10 meter
contest. I'm sorry but there
  is plenty of room for everyone to co-exist.

    I would like to see a few short operating events on the WARC bands. Maybe
something like a
  Sprint format and low power so you couldn't just sit on a frequency and CQ.
If I remember right
 didn't the ARRL allow contacts on the WARC bands during Field Day one year ??

     These "contest bashers" are going to harass us no matter what band a
contest is going on.
   99% of these guys are old farts who have nothing better to do... In fact
they are probably the same
   people you heard harassing the KH8SI Dxpedition.

  Jeff KU8E