Re: [CQ-Contest] A New Perspective [was:WRTC Spot/Log Correlation]

To: "Radiosporting Fan" <radiosporting@yahoo.com>,<CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A New Perspective [was:WRTC Spot/Log Correlation]
From: "VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:52:44 -0600
> Instead, we simply take what we have and operate to
> attain the highest possible score ... and having no
> incentive to hide the conditions (RF Output, Antenna
> Gain, Operator Count, Operating Time, Location, etc)
> we operated in order to get that score.

I think these are great ideas!

However, such a vision requires new technology. For example, the current
Cabrillo format will not handle the additional information. We probably need
to migrate to XM and this will have knock-on effects on logging software,
etc. Furthermore most sponsors don't have databases capable of handling the
information or that allow non-members to access so they can categorize the
information as they wish.

Eventually, hopefully, a new generation of contesters will inhert control of
the major contests and they update the techniques and technologies required
to make a dream like yours possible.

Until then we all have to dream on!

Syl