Re: [CQ-Contest] A New Perspective [was:WRTC Spot/Log Correlation]

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A New Perspective [was:WRTC Spot/Log Correlation]
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 19:53:23 -0700
This _seems_ to be one of the things that the top contesters have
forgotten, that there are many of us who can't compete at the top
level. We then will pick our own competition, targets and goals
within contests. It is very effective, and prods us "little pistols"
to do better and better in our contest efforts. We really don't need
any special rules to enable this, just friends with whom we can
compete. There should be no shortage of those!

Note that I said "_seems_" above. I really don't believe they have
forgotten this, but rather are doing the same thing at their level
(which I hope to join someday). I know for a fact that my fellow NCCC
members have not forgotten about it - they are very helpful and
supportive to those of us at the lesser levels. That's the cool thing
about club competitions, everyone's score is not only wanted, but
needed! And it is in everyone's best interest to help all
participants to grow.

So, I don't think that any special rules are needed, just go join
(and participate in) your local contest club!
And if you are in Northern California, there is none better than NCCC!

On Sep 8, 2006, at 7:38 AM, Ken Alexander wrote:

> I think one of Ev's intentions is to make it easier
> for us disadvantaged hams to define that smaller hill
> so we can see how far up we are.
>
> 73 - Ken

- Jack Brindle, W6FB