Re: [CQ-Contest] No Dit-Dit (was Sending Speed)

To: cq-contest reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] No Dit-Dit (was Sending Speed)
From: DL8MBS <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:13:57 +0200
Hal Offutt wrote:

>The absence of a response is the acknowledgement...

May be not true in all cases. During this years`s WPX CW I operated qrp
and had quite a few stations terminating the efforts to establish an
exchange by simply starting another CQ (after my last transmission). I
then listened to their next QSO: about half of them sent the number they
had sent to me- so for them no response meant no qso. Still unsure how
do deal with this practice in contests without serial numbers especially
regarding those stations logging me without any comment: Doing it the
hard way and not logging them without ack would be a NIL for them (but
it would be hard for me, too,  i.e. with a double mult and a
50:50-chance to be in the log...).
Best 73, Chris (DL8MBS)