[CQ-Contest] Distanced-Based Contest Concept

To: Jimk8mr@aol.com, n6tj@sbcglobal.net, CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Distanced-Based Contest Concept
From: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 10:50:21 -0500
This is a great idea. The grid system already is in place, and so every
entrant will enter a grid with his/her electronic submission. The score
would be calculated automatically both by the contest software (real time)
and as part of the log check process. The concept of a "QSO and Distance"
based contest would be a fair one. Mults could be ITU Zones, so the
"Euro-Centric-Mults" nature of many contests is minimized. This would be a
good test of skill with minimized geographic location advantages. Coupled
with a one week max log submission requirement (exceptions if approved due
to travelers to remote locations, etc) and results within two to three
weeks, we would have a good system.

Jim George N3BB