Re: [CQ-Contest] Official ARRL Section Name Use on SSB?

To: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Official ARRL Section Name Use on SSB?
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 15:39:15 -0000
> Technically, I am NOT in an ARRL SEC known as "Sugar Charlie
> Victor" ... I am in the "Santa Clara Valley" section ("Sugar Charlie
> Victor" ONLY for repeats). Is "Alpha Kilo" an ARRL recognized
> SEC name for "Alaska" ???

I think you're picking fly-specks out of the pepper pot.

> I hope someone from the ARRL will make an "Official" policy comment about
this.

Lessee --- I've got an "Official ARRL Membership Card" around here
somewhere.

You are in the "SCV" Section and KL7J is in the "AK" Section for logging
purposes.  What phonetics you use to communuicate that is strictly local
option.

73, de Hans, K0HB