Re: [CQ-Contest] Live Audio - K5ZD for CQ WW CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Live Audio - K5ZD for CQ WW CW
From: k3bu@optonline.net
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:16:47 +0000 (GMT)
Very funny! Or not!?!

I just marvel at the remnants of the logic left in some hams.
Having web site is NOT the same as SOLICITING QSO by saying: "Hey I will be on,
have streaming audio (video), give me a call, you can hear yourself!"
That to me is using Internet, during the contest for soliciting QSOs (by
non-amateur means).
You jokers can poke fun and paint your portraits all you want.

Again, why did CQ WW CC asked here if the live scoreboard might conflict with
the "solicitation" rule, while this obvious solicitation by streaming is "OK"?
I will not be checking any "streamers", I will be too busy working contest
without crutches. But little pistols and "point givers" will sure check and
work streamers, while the rest of us will be CQing with no takers, they are all
watching "stars".

I rest my case, CQ WW CC should clarify this situation and make it know, so we
ALL can stream ourselves.

Yuri, K3BU