Re: [CQ-Contest] Dupes or Duped?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dupes or Duped?
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:22:25 -0600
Denny said:

> Maybe the group can explain to me why
> these ops are so phobic about logging a dupe?

I was about to take a shot at an answer, but read the rest of the post:

> Interestingly, the big shooters that I did dupe
> accidentally <HC8N> for one simply worked me
> again in 2 seconds flat without comment and
> we both moved on; a win-win...

How funny, I am the op at HC8N who worked Denny a 2nd time.  I don't think
any of the ops at HC8N wasted the time it would take to tell someone they're
a dupe compared to just sending them 5NNAT and logging them again.

Plus, he's right, if we busted another guy's call as Denny's, then we're in
for a NIL.  It would be very stupid of us to not log Denny over again.

There was at least one exception to this statement on Sunday when it was
slow and we were very obviously spotted wrong (5C8N or something).  The op
had enough of being worked by lids who didn't copy the code for themselves,
and I believe he transmitted "copy with your ears not with your eyes" or
some such thing.

I think he was crabby after two nights with no sleep.

Mark, N5OT