Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Selection Criteria

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Selection Criteria
From: Tom Haavisto <ve3cx@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:59:35 -0500
While this sounds good in theory, please keep in mind that Ontario is a VERY
large province.  Personally, I know I have no hope of making it to the WRTC,
and congrats to Jim Roberts who hails from the western end of Ontario who did
make it (so, yes, it can be done).  That said, he was not residing in this area
of the country when he "made it".  If the western part of Ontario was lumped in
the Manitoba/western Canada, it would not make much difference in my chances,
but it would make me feel better.

Bottom line?  No matter what criteria is used, someone will always be
disadvantaged.  And, somehow having the host country have 100 plus teams in an
effort to make things fair for everyone just does not seem fair to the host...

Tom - VE3CX