Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:20:20 -0700
Seems like whenever someone tries to push the envelope higher, people try
and try to find ways to shoot their progress down.  With new technologies,
things are going to get very interesting in the next few years.

But, rules need to be set first.  Be a shame if someone invests kilobucks in
a remote station, then have some rule say 5 years from now, 'you can do
that'.

Someone mentioned it 'not being fair'.  That is kinda like 'leveling the
playing field'.  I think fair is in the eye of the beholder.  I think it
ain't fair that some people have bigger antennas and better rigs than I do
:-)  73
Tom W7WHY