Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:27:50 +0100
I live in downtown EU capital Ljubljana (pop. 250K) with high man-made
noise.  I was thinking long ago of 20 miles remote club station S50L at
mountain top within quiet national park.  Wireless VHF link wouldn't be a
problem.

I vividly remember late Bill, W4AN speaking to me from his office via remote
GA mountain site.  Also CA apartment dweller using Boston remote station via
internet.  Unfortunately I know of remote RX use via internet/phone on low
bands.  I suspect wideband SAT link was used for wining few CQ WW scores.

Amazing 160 m reception in Africa near Equator while Voodoo contest group
had a lot of problems from mainland.

ARRL members voted few years ago to preserve CW HF limit, we can't widely
accept DX Cluster so I don't expect legal rules progress soon.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU