Re: [CQ-Contest] No more JAs

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] No more JAs
From: "Franki ON5ZO" <on5zo@telenet.be>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 03:23:34 +0200
> Dave G4BUO

Correct! I work far more JA on 30m and 17m on my WARC dipole than in the
contest on 15m or 20m with a yagi at about the same height! While over 90%
of my log is contest activity.
When we were allowed to use special prefixes (OQ, OO etc) and when the
Belgian 2x1's got out, I would even have modest JA runs on the WARC bands
yet never in a contest (since 2001).

So I also came to the conclusion that the average JA ham loves DXing but has
no real interest in contesting.

73 de Franki ON5ZO / OQ5M