Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 18:19:57 -0700
> As someone suggested, I went and listened to DX Tuners web >site.  It
> became evident that one could easily do exactly as Mike >suggested, i.e.
> listen on a remote receiver for a clear freq in Eu >on which to call CQ.

Don't think so.  Here is what KC1J (ARRL contest manager) wrote:

 "So - if the entire station is contained within the 500-meter limit, it can
be operated under local control (operator on-site) or by remotecontrol
(operator outside the 500-meter limit and connected by any means that allows
control of the transmitter)."

I think that is pretty much the final word on this subject.  73
Tom W7WHY