Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:55:59 -0500
Russell Hill typed...
>> If a Mars Lander sends back pictures under remote control
>> from Earth, are
>> the pictures less validly from Mars because there was no
>> human present?

Then Paul VO1HE chimed in...
>If someone on Earth is remotely controlling the Mars Landers in a contest,
>then it should not be valid. If it is under Martian control, then the
>operator should be in the same quadrant.

To which I'm adding...
Well I hope you guys get this all squared away before 2018. I am expecting my
financial windfall to be achieved a few years prior to that. My goal is to get
my remote contest station carried aboard the next Lunar Mission. I expect to be
fully operational (remotely) for the 2019 contest season. Propagation
predictions look pretty darn good from that vantage point.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/09/20/news/moon.php

BTW, has the ARRL assigned an Entity number for a lunar QTH yet?

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN