Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Contesting

To: "Jim Neiger" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>, vo1he@rac.ca,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Contesting
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 02:29:35 +0000

>If some are keen to "remote" in a contest, fine. But the rules should
>stipulate that all the radios, antennas, and operators are within the same
>contest multiplier entity: WAZ Zone, DXCC Country, State, Province, etc,
>whichever is smaller.
>
>Jim Neiger N6TJ

I don't know that this is necessarily a requirement. It's more important that
the rules stipulate that you will be competing against other stations in the
same geographic location as your remote station. In other words, if somebody in
Wisconsin builds a remote station in New Hampshire, then he's competing with
other stations in New Hampshire. This has to be true; if the actual location of
the operator is irrelevant (as the remote-station enthusiasts insist) then only
the location of the station matters. Other Wisconsin operators suffer no
disadvantage since they aren't competing directly against the remote station,
and New Hampshire operators (based on current state of the art) should be able
to out perform a remote station.
73 Steve K0SR