Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers

To: "'Barry'" <w2up3@verizon.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 16:12:55 -0000
Yeah, that might work but you should only get credit for the zone you're in
and the country automatically. As one drawback I can see, single band
stations are not guaranteed to be able to work all zones in their country,
depending on the band they choose to operate and the size of the country so
it would be unfair to the multi-band station that can, in all likelihood,
work them all for real.

Perhaps, in the case of a station working another station in the same
country but different zone, they could add "for the mult" or "for the zone"
at the end of the call. For example, if I want VE3EJ for zone 4 I could call
him saying "VO1HE for the mult".

Now, in the meantime, after looking at the map, there aren't many countries
that are the sole occupants of individual zones (in the example above, I can
always work a W9 for zone 4) but there are a few that comprise the bulk of a
zone so they would be at a disadvantage if no one was operating from the
smaller countries in these zones.

No real easy solution to this.

73 -- Paul VO1HE