Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers

To: "Barry" <w2up3@verizon.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers
From: "Rick Dougherty NQ4I" <nq4i@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 16:22:46 -0400
Hi Barry and cq reflector....I have been a strong advocate of 1 point for
one's own country...I will out of nearly 5000 qso's have nearly 1000 zero
pointers....some contestor's tell me its not a waste of my time...I say
otherwise....with 5000 qso's thats and average hourly rate of 160 per
hour.....divide 1000 by 160 and and I have wasted 6.25 hours....it falls on
deaf ears here on this reflector...most of the     qso's who are zero
pointers who work us in cqww think they are helping us out!! They are the
casual contestors who hear a loud signal on the band ( and I am loud in the
NE US...wish it were EU also!) and they stop by and call...most will call
with 2 letters in a call sign too...so it takes another round of
transmissions to get their call correctly...I sure don't want my UBN rate
affected by the non-contestors who call and we bust their call!

I have even offered to fire up the station for 6 hours before the test and
pass out zero pointers! It won't do any  good here either....it would go a
long ways toward leveling the playing field with my NE M-M's....a great
example of this is how much more fairer the cqwpx contest has become since
they give one points for same country....what it really will fall back to is
that this is still a dx contest...until I can work as many as the other
M-M's, we will still be playing  catch up....but if I had 6.25 more hours to
find and work other stations my score would also reflect that...go figure?

de Rick nq4i