Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesters and LOTW

To: Bill Parry <BPARRY@RGV.RR.COM>,CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesters and LOTW
From: Hector Garcia XE2K <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 23:27:38 -0700 (PDT)
Bill and group:

The use of the LOTW is a great tool to reduce the
paper QSL and help to the new hams or the award
hunters  DXCC   and WAS,  faster and cheap.

Like many after the Contest upload the log to LOTW is
one of the things to do after,  send log to the
sponsor and K5ZD for check partial database

we must promote the LOTW with all the active hams.
After the IOTA activities what I organize  all the
logs are loaded - Over 25k Qsos- XF1K, XF2K XF4K

my LOTW is close to 80k Q's   and 15k Qsl's, every day
I can see is growing my Qsl number.

--- Bill Parry <BPARRY@RGV.RR.COM> wrote:

> I was looking at my QSLs on LOTW this morning. I
> think contesters, as a
> group, are heavy users of LOTW. As of this morning I
> have 210 LOTW QSLs from
> the NAQP contest this past weekend. Contesters must
> really have bought into
> the LOTW in a big way.
>
> My take has always been that anything I could do to
> head off having to fill
> out QSLs is a definite plus. I upload every QSO I
> make monthly and this
> seems to work because I have slowed the number of
> QSLs by more than 50%.
> LOTW is sure a great deal for me.
>
> Bill, W5VX

Hector Garcia XE2K / XF1K