[CQ-Contest] SO2R in the CW Sprint

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R in the CW Sprint
From: Scott Robbins <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 06:32:34 -0700 (PDT)
VE4XT wrote:
>you have to finish the Q on one before you can have a Q
>on the other. Which to my mind, is as Randy said: now you're just a flippin'
>CQ machine again and the whole intended karma of the sprint goes out the
>window.

This SO2R CW Sprint discussion really is about "it's not how it used to be, or
how someone thinks it was intended to be".

I have no idea how it used to be or how it was intended to be.  My first CW
Sprint was in 9/96, and I was using 2 radios and TR-Log from the very first
time I tried to participate.  I also didn't even make it to 200 contacts in
that first try but all that did was make me more determined to figure it out.

So having no frame of reference, the contest is what it is, and why are we
having a discussion like this unless there is some very good reason (and I've
seen none so far) why it should change?

Nostalgia?

Scott W4PA

W4PA Contest Blog - http://w4pa.journalspace.com