Re: [CQ-Contest] TQP vs CQ RTTY

To: Steve Harrison <k0xp@dandy.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TQP vs CQ RTTY
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 20:39:22 -0600
You're right Steve, andIt seems to me that we have a very high level challange
here. Given the afore mentioned and such said that I wouldn't re-describe it
here. However, it also seems to me that the situation is created in part by the
additonal new rtty ops that are new to the game, and thereby do not know,
understand, and in some.. hopefully very few, but in some distinct cases,
simple don't care about any conflicts. All of the above and in some few
descrete cases even the more experienced folks might do well to be encouraged
to learn about sharing with other non-players. Now... the above statement could
not have been for meanin much, had there not been additional new players coming
along to the rtty contests.  Now, does that mean we should be unhappy that they
aren't playing cw? Or phone? or someother .. psk or ??? Or should we simply be
happy that they are at least getting into contesting, and as such, now become
candidates to enjoy the other modes and other contests that are on. Shoot, if
it wasn't for QRM... QRN... QSB... or what ever... which is spread rather
equally to each and every station, then there would be something else to fuss
about..... wouldn't there? I think I would rather enjoy the increased company,
and welcome the additional folks.
  What is the real challange? How to get the new mode rtty folks to try the
puter on cw... or try psk... then try cw... get the idea?
  Maybe someone should write a better decode cw program..... interface it to a
logger... and auto upload to LoTW and eQSL, make it easy... and they'll come.
They proved it already. --... ...--Dale - WC7S in Wy