Re: [CQ-Contest] cheating with packet

To: "Dallas and Lucy" <ludal@dmv.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cheating with packet
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 00:03:30 -0000
Dallas your analogy is interesting but not a true one. If there is rampant
violating of a speed limit rule usually they change the speed limit. Which
is what should be done here. Eliminating the assisted category would be a
gross injustice. I personally have never liked the word assisted. If guys
are using packet/DX-Clusters then call the category a packet category. Make
an incentive not to cheat. Instead of the annual brow-beating of this
subject make it attractive for guys to admit they are using packet. I don't
know what the incentive would be but it would at least have to be equal to
the points the cheaters think they gain by using packet. The same, or
similar, types of incentives could also be made to apply the power problem.
The various contest committees need to brainstorm solutions/incentives to
stop cheating. The present system is not working and has not for several
years so change the system. But whatever let's not eliminate categories.
Just my -2cents worth.
73

MAL
N7MAL