Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs

To: "'Richard DiDonna NN3W'" <nn3w@cox.net>,"'Ward Silver'" <hwardsil@gmail.com>,"'CQ-Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:43:26 -0500

> > Any contest sponsor who makes complete logs public should be
> > censured by the entire amateur community.
> >

> Excuse me?  Why should contest sponsors have to answer to the
> whims of one award program?  The ARRL's DXCC program is not the
> final word when it comes down to record keeping, log posting, QSL
> sending, and awards management.  Nobody elected the League god
> and nobody should have to subvert the inegrity of their contest
> programs just because the League has a stick up its rear
> end about log times.

It is completely unnecessary for CQ or any contest sponsor to
release logs for every Tom, Dick and database compiler.  There
are plenty of tools if they get off their fat, lazy, old asses
and make their own analysis of log submissions.

The ARRL DXCC program is the oldest and most widely followed
awards program in amateur radio.  For a bunch of contest sponsors
to subvert the DXCC program because they do not what is necessary
to police their own contest is unacceptable.  There is no excuse
for them to release logs and expect someone else to find and
prove any alleged cheating.

It's time for contest expert and ARRL New England Director,
K1KI to call for the DXCC Desk to enforce the rules and call
on CQ to stop making CQWW participants violate the DXCC Rules.