Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 13:01:26 -0600 (CST)
No one can search the DXpedition logs as they are right now to cheat.
Unless they actually heard the other station (as in the W9SG example I
gave) work them. Full QSO data is not displayed in any log search engine
that I know of.

I worked a DXpedition a few years ago that was an all-time new one for me.
All my QSO's (listed by band/mode) were in their log search engine but
one.  It was a band I really wanted.  I guessed at a possible busted
callsign and found ONE QSO by that callsign in their log (off by one
character) - on the band/mode I was missing.

I sent to the QSL manager telling him this, with the QSO time that was in
my log.  He contacted the other station in question and found out he
didn't even chase DX. I had the correct date and time.  So I got a card
for that QSO too.

73, Zack W9SZ