[CQ-Contest] RTTY Reflections

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Reflections
From: K5NZ@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 08:40:29 EST
A couple of things stick out that I just have to mention...

Why does it become more important to let someone know they show as a dupe  in
your log than to just work them?  If your being called by someone it is
obvious that they have either logged you incorrect or you think you worked them

when you didn't.  Just work them, now you are in their log and don't loose  the
Q they don't have in their log with you!  Easy!

Why send the signal report, that is a given, 4 times and then your NR or  QTH
that is not a given once?

Why when asked for a fill and it is obvious that the signals are weak, not
give the report several times?  Not the 599 again several times but the  report
that is missing?  Add this to your buffer so you can send "just" the  missing
piece of the puzzle several time! ie:  TX TX TX TX TX    Saves soooo much
time!

Lots of folks like to send callsigns several times and other items not
really needed but hey, if they want to see some print go across, that's  ok...
But
working on the top three above sure would help out during tuff  conditions.

Ok I feel better!  Enjoyed the weekend of RTTY...

nz