Re: [CQ-Contest] FW: Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...

To: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <nn3w@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FW: Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...
From: "Alfred Frugoli" <alfred.frugoli@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:15:41 -0500
According to Randy's website, he used Writelog as of 2000 (and possibly
still does).  If you look at http://www.getscores.org/wlposter.aspx, you'll
see that the writelog posting application allows you to choose to send the
breakdown or not.  Sounds like this would be a good option to implement for
all logging programs.

I also think the argument of "if you're watching the web page, you're not
winning" is not a good one.  It would be simple enough to write a small
program that reads the web page and alerts the operator when a poster
reaches a particular rate on a band.

On the topic of cherry picking an entry category post contest, what about SS
where the entry category, and how competitive a station is, is fairly
obvious from the exchange?

Bottom line for me is that this has to be fun.  I spend all week at work
making sure "rules" (policies and regulations) are met.  I want my weekend
fun to be just that...fun.

73 de Al, KE1FO