Re: [CQ-Contest] FW: Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...

To: <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FW: Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:56:54 -0500
Dave, I think you're asking the wrong question.  The issue here is how to
"market" the scoreboard so that you get more high-scoring ops to post.  If
disclosure of band breakdowns is required, we both know that some top ops
will feel that is a sufficient argument not to post.  All I'm suggesting is
make it the op's choice whether or not to submit breakdowns.

As for "proof", take a look at CQWW.  How many ops posted only their
overall totals, and sent zeros for their band breakdowns?  At least one of
those who did this is a frequent single-op top dog.  I think he uses
Writelog, and I don't know how Writelog has implemented score posting, but
I'd say if it takes this option to make more of the top guys feel
comfortable, why not?

73, Pete N4ZR