Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs
From: Richard DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 8:47:58 -0500
Ya know, investigative reporters and the government tests the validity and
accuracy of programs all the time.  TSA runs fake and real weapons through
the screener checkpoints to see if the screeners will catch them.  Computer
manufacturers will run a bad computer through the system to see if the QA
folks will catch it.  Does this mean that they're being fraudulent?  No,
they're testing the system to see if the measures put in place to catch
unwanted items actually catch them.

Ever heard of the term "whistleblower"?

KI9A basically tested the system with a card that he knew was "bad" and
wanted to see if the checker(s) would catch it.  Clearly they're not able to
initially detect certain cards.  Does that make KI9A a perpetrator of fraud?
Only if he knowingly sought to do it with the intent of receiving credit for
the cards.  The fact that he told them about the cards demonstrates that it
was part of a test.

73 Rich NN3W