Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs
From: Richard DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 16:54:34 -0500
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
To: <w5ov@w5ov.com>
Cc: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 3:16 PM

>> Accreditation only applies to certain DXpeditions. The contextual
>> explanations in the Accreditation Section of the rules makes this very
>> plain. There is no statement anywhere in that section that those rules
>> apply to any operation that does not require accreditation.
>
> Accreditation also applies to DX stations (permanent residents) in
> certain countries where licensing is controlled.  There is nothing
> in Section III that implies that it is only applicable to
> DXpeditions.

OK, now, so only 1% (or less) of all entrants MIGHT be susceptible to the ARRL
-under your interpretation.   Thats not a real concern, then.  Is it?

> If I rule relating to public access to logs if useful for DXpeditions
> (and it is), the rule is properly applicable to all logs.  In any
> case, this is a DXCC rule and neither CQ Magazine nor its various
> contest administration committees have a right to force ANY entrant
> to violate the rules of DXCC as a condition of entry.

As others have posited, why is CQ Magazine subject to the rules of the American
Radio League?   That is akin to saying that the Democratic Party must change
its caucasing rules because the Republicans do.

73 Rich NN3W