Re: [CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges

To: yt6a@cg.yu, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges
From: K1AR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:40:53 EDT
Ranko,

There is a difference here:

Using M6T is legal and allowed by the rules. Not sending a  report is illegal
and specifically against the rules.

Here is a philosophy that I try to follow:
Respected contest winners do everything in their power to follow the  rules.
Focusing on ways to get around the rules rarely gets anyone's  respect.

The issue N2IC raises may stem from an outdated, silly tradition. But,  it is
the rule. All this talk about the validity of reports, S-meter accuracy is
off-frequency from the main point.

The contesters I respect the most are not always the  high-scorers. Rather,
they are the ones that have the highest integrity,  consistently submit the
cleanest logs, and champion a high standard in our  sport.

I'll take the respect of my peers any day of the week over  another
certificate on the wall. Certificates cost a few dollars;  respect takes a
lifetime to
earn and only a few bad decisions to lose.

73 John, K1AR

In a message dated 3/31/2008 12:22:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  yt6a@cg.yu