Re: [CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges
From: "Chris Plumblee" <chris.plumblee@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:39:31 -0400
I think the push to trim the fat of contest exchanges has been going
on for some time. I recall a few years ago working a European station
who did not give RST in CQWW. I logged "14" as "59 14" and didn't
think much of it.

If we're eliminating useless information in exchanges, should we do
the same for zones in CQWW and IARU? All the software knows what zone
you're in. I hardly pay attention anymore.

4O3A: 4O3A Test

K1AR: K1AR

4O3A: K1AR TU 4O3A

W3LPL: W3LPL

4O3A: W3LPL TU 4O3A

K8MR: K8MR

4O3A: K8MR TU 4O3A

etc etc

Think of all the time-wasting 5NN and and zone information that would
save! It would make SO2R easier too...much snappier exchanges.

73,
Chris WF3C

Note: I'm not really suggesting we eliminate all exchange information
for CQWW. RST is antiquated, doubly so if it's not even checked in log
checking, but if the sponsors want it, I for one will give it to them.
But answer this seriously - if you were (or are) a serious competitor
and got an exchange like this from a European in IARU or CQWW and your
software knew their zone already, would you ask them for a fill? They
sent your call as acknowledgment.