Re: [CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges

To: <dave@ka1n.cn>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges
From: "Glenn VA3DX" <va3dx@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:03:34 -0400
Ok, great ! I cant find the correct letters on my keyboard a lot
of the time ,  now numbers too ??

And then I have to take my eyes off the keyboard to get an
S-meter reading ??

What if when he calls me, he is in the clear and I give him  59 001 but
when he comes back with his report to me , there is qrm and
 I dont copy my report?

Must I change the rst I sent, I want to be correct !! HA !!

Glenn

Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 2:11 PM

What is a "waste" in a contest is a matter of perspective.  Is QTC in WAE a
waste?  Is the zone in CQWW a waste?  Is the callsign a waste given that
some people seem to be getting the call off of packet?  It all depends upon
what the mission of the contest is.

Unlike statutes, which require legislative actions to change (as well as
executive action in the US), contest committees can change rules quite
quickly. Anyone operating Field Day will notice considerable changes in the
rules this year.  Because the rules are relatively few in number, there is
little chance that a change to one rule will unexpectedly impact the
operation of another.

Here is my suggestion: Operators should start giving honest RS(t)s.  This
means, that only the most readable of signals will get 5s.  The operator
will also have to look at his S-meter to determine what signal strength he
is.  The adjudicators can presume that a log with all 59s sent is not
actually filled with bona-fide exchanges.

So, how about handing out a few "3x1s" or "4x7s" folks?

73,   Dave/KA1NCN     Dave@ka1n.cn