Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:38:42 +0100
From: <k3bu@optimum.net>

> Contesting is a technological sport, including mastering of
> technology, operating skills and knowledge of propagation.

For amateur-radio contesting, as with any other competitive
activity -

  some technology may be inappropriate.
  For example, the internet.

  some technology may be excessive.
  For example, 5kw amps.

Contest rules place limits on behaviour.  What is
acceptable for assisted categories may be not be
acceptable for unassisted.  Some technology may
not be acceptable under any circumstances.

The purpose of this thread is to get views on which
category Skimmer belongs to. I'm a CW operator, and
I say "assisted".

73,
Paul EI5DI