Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge

To: "'Joe Subich, W4TV'" <w4tv@subich.com>, "'cq-contesting cq-contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 11:51:43 +0300
Hi Joe,

well, you are wrong. It matters whether contesters like it and that is the
only thing that matters. We are not making money in contesting and it has to
be maximum fun for majority. If the packet-like effect of Skimmer and most
of the contesters' opposition to it will be clear the rules will be changed
to prohibit it or similar devices. Contests are run by contesters for
contesters and if new technology means that robots will take over operating
from us then it is obvious that we are not going to let that happen. There
is no other way than to correct rules ASAP and we will do it! And guess
what, there is nothing you can do about it and there is nobody to sue:)

And I am afraid your opinion does not matter much here concerning the SO
issue as I don't see any scores of yours in 3830, I have not worked you in
any contest over 15 years in the air. I only have to follow your endless
crusade against the contesters here in the list and I am honestly really
tired of seeing the same arguments repeated over tens and tens of identical
messages. Your point has been made clear long ago so please let it go now
and let's rather hear the opionions of those contesters who haven't yet
spoken.

73
tonno
es5tv