Re: [CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?

To: CQ Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?
From: Barry <w2up3@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:21:43 +0000
The nice thing about 3830 is it's great to see scores and comments while
the contest is fresh in everyone's mind.  By the time results are
published, it's just a list of numbers that blends in with all the other
contests that one participated in last year.

One solution is the contest sponsors post the list of high claimed
scores.  If logs are now open, why not claimed scores?  Of course, the
best solution is requiring all logs be submitted shortly after the
contest ends and have results available within a month.  Which major
contest organizer will be first to accomplish that?  DARC maybe?

73,
Barry W2UP

--

Barry Kutner, W2UP             Newtown, PA