Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking in CQWW

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking in CQWW
From: "Matt IZ3EYZ" <iz3eyz@virgilio.it>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 21:05:15 +0200
Hats off to Toni for opening up Pandora's.

Besides such an exceptional multi-radio skill example it's amazing to see:
-mult hunting capabilities showed by some SOSB entries in high rate conds
-SO2R guys scanning a wide open/crowded (70 to 100khz) in abt 10/15mins and
getting a long string of "mults only" in the log.
-people jumping >10khz in a crowded band and logging two mults within two
minutes
-people with efficient SO2R capabilities the 2nd day (when fatigue is
higher) when they get "mults only" on the 2nd radio. 1st day they have been
interleaving mults and qsos (pointed out by ES5TV as well last years ->
conclusion made by ES5TV: they have not nerves anymore to work casual qsos
behind clx ones)
-SO2R guys developing in-band mult hunting 2nd day while running at 3/4qsos
each min.

I really encourage these guys to make public their super operating skills
cos a guy like CT1BOH (looking at his human logs) seems a SO2R newbie.

>I must really hope that posting of peoples logs does not start to happen
>here. This is the best demonstration that logs might be better not being
>made public yet.

IMHO this is the best demonstration radiosporting level is similar to EPO
assumption in cyclism during '90s/early Y2K. And of course there's a good
load of Lance Armstrongs.

Btw: I'm afraid there isn't much to expect when according to CQ mag. I read
V47NT is operated by N2LT (wasn't N2NT??) and Alex LZ4AX got a new call:
LZ4UU (also in CQWW SSB) ;-))

I also assume CQ (see cq mag. Sept 2008) decided to show up SOAB Europe
breakdowns all- in-one to make a picture of how it looks between SOAB,
SOAB(A) and SOAB-LP :-)
It looks like a new window opened for SOAB future.

That said hats off also to guys like EUHFC, RDXC, IARU (lately) which are
able to find out some of the SO2R evolutions and to move some LP/QRP entries
to a more proper category (that's the case of RDXC).
In the past there have been a bunch of dsq and/or reclassified/omitted guys
from results in CQWW....they were SOAB....judging from the evolution it
looks like they 're now doing the right way and being competitive as well
(even without clx assistance and/or a 2nd op.).

Probably sunlight was helping....as it would do in this case!

73

Matt.EYZ