Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking in CQWW

To: "Michael Coslo" <mjc5@psu.edu>, "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking in CQWW
From: "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:43:39 -0000
I am curious why the computer 'guru's' can't solve the log checking delays.
When computers first came out, in basic language, computer guru's like K1EA
designed logging software and moved the contesting community into the 20th
century. Now we have whole teams like N1MM moving us into and beyond the
21st century.
Why isn't there  another group developing log checking software. If
computers did all the work we could have contest results in 2 months after
the deadline. I'm an 'ole-fart' and time has passed me by or I would
volunteer. I would think it would be an easy task for a computer to check
time and exchange between station ABC and XYZ. All logs, by this time, are
submitted electronically, or should be. I would like to see the major
sponsors, QST, CQ, and NCJ, get together and encourage computer guru's to
develop software for them. After all they all use the same electronic
submission format so there would not need to be different formats for each
different sponsor. The only thing 'non-standard' is the scoring format but
it is still simple arithmetic(childs play for a computer).
Again just my -2cents worth
73

MAL
N7MAL