Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 21:10:34 -0500
I got emailed privately by two ops who said "it ain't a contest QSO unless
both sides log it correctly."  I didn't see their posts here on the
reflector.  I don't agree with those two ops.

I suppose there is a case for that, "accuracy is a two way street" and all
that, but life is too short to get penalized for something you didn't do and
were not aware of, when the concurrent emphasis is on amassing the biggest
score.  I would say the jury is in: a large majority of radio contests don't
do what the Russian DX Contest does.  The only other one I can think of off
the top of my head is the hugely popular KCJ contest.  Most sponsors have
figured out that it discourages participation.

Blind Fencing, anyone?

Mark, N5OT