Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:14:15 -0000
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>

> I got emailed privately by two ops who said "it ain't a
> contest QSO unless both sides log it correctly."  I didn't
> see their posts here on the reflector.  I don't agree with
> those two ops.

A QSO is, at minimum, the two-way exchange and acknowledgement
of callsigns.  As contesters, we are required to log the calls
and the exchange.

Any mistake, anywhere in this procedure, means it's not a valid
two-way contest QSO - regardless of which party made the error.

It may seem unfair when you are certain the other station sent
your call right, but logged it wrong.  The log-checkers see a
mismatched QSO and they don't know who or what caused the error.

73,
Paul EI5DI