Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking

To: Mark Beckwith <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking
From: Alfred Frugoli <ke1fo@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:27:58 -0400
Almost every contest has some rule that discourages participation, some more
blatantly that others.  CQWW CW and SSB definitely favor certain geographic
areas, while CQWW RTTY puts the twist in of having states as mults.  SS and
NAQP severly discourage anybody outside of NA to participate.

I personally like this rule twist - if for nothing else than to learn how
others are busting my infomration.  There's some really great feedback you
can potentially get on your signal, operating technique etc.

If you feel discouraged by the rules, turn the dial to the other contest on
that weekend, or flip the off switch and build a new antenna.

73 de Al, KE1FO

-----
Visit my amateur radio contesting blog at ke1fo.wordpress.com.