Re: [CQ-Contest] Time for a Contesting Wikipedia?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Time for a Contesting Wikipedia?
From: "Pat Collins" <pat@linuxcolumbus.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 17:25:44 -0400 (EDT)
> If you go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki_software
>
> And scroll down to the bottom, you'll will find a list of wiki software
> products.

Seems to only cover software that has "wiki" in the name.  A wiki is
really only software for collaborative editing with a simple syntax for
mark-up.

> I haven't reviewed them to see which is free, but I'll bet more than one
> is.
>
> Other than that, you would need a host, and one or more people would
> have to take on the role of Administrator.

http://contestingwiki.com  if you want to moderate or admin let me know.
Still in kind of a beta stage, because I haven't tested all features.

> It might be a good platform for placing ads alongside the entries.  It
> might even generate some decent revenue for the host, if it gets enough
> hits.

Why ads?  Everything seems to be covered in ads these days.  How about an
actual community site?  That is how the software I use, http://drupal.org
started.  Look at it now, even the Onion uses it.

Pat N8VW
Ohio Independent Contesters.
http://n8vw.radiosport.us
Get your own blog at http://radiosport.us