[CQ-Contest] FQP logs, the new robot and Cabrillo

To: <K1to@aol.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] FQP logs, the new robot and Cabrillo
From: "James Cain" <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 06:39:46 -0400
The only "issue" the FQP robot had with my CTWIN Cabrillo log submission was:

"[X] 'FL-QSO-PARTY' is not the CONTEST: name I was expecting.  I am setting it
to FCG-FQP."

I did not see this as "an issue" at all, since Robbie the Robot very kindly
made the change itself (himself?).

The various contest logging programs seem to be a Tower of Babel that Cabrillo
does its best to sort out into a sort of Esperanto-like simplicity, akin to
stripping all the bloat from an MS Word document and ending up with a text
document. Cabrillo has revolutionized contest log checking and scoring second
only to logging software itself, all for the better. We owe a lot to the smart
people who have done all of this development for us, on both logging programs
and Cabrillo, free of charge.

So, next year will I remember to change the contest name header in my Florida
QSO Party Cabrillo log before sending it to Robbie? Nope. But Robbie will
remember. Will a new version of CTWIN (or the other logging programs) come out
with the change? Don't bet on it. As you said, Dan, don't worry, be happy.

Jim Cain, K1TN/2