Re: [CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA

To: Randy Thompson K5ZD <k5zd@charter.net>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA
From: Richard DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 8:03:41 -0400
I agree.  This is what happens when you allow the emergency whacker types to
dictate policy at IARU meetings.  They ignore wide swaths of band which go
completely unused and then complain when there is actual activity on the bands
in a contest on the weekends...

Its absolutely impossible to contain stations within 25 KHz - especially when
you have a couple thousand stations in the test.

In any event, the IARU R1 band plan shows "contest preferred" between 7000 and
7025, but does not say contesting not allowed above 7025.

The "plan" states as follows:

7000 - 7025     200     CW, contest preferred
7025 - 7040     200     CW, 7030 kHz - QRP Centre of Activity

Since I says preferred and not forbidden, its clear that the WAE contest
sponsor incorrectly read the rules.

I'd say play ball.

73 Rich NN3W