Re: [CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA
From: "Axel Schernikau, DL6KVA" <Axel.Schernikau@siv.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:24:27 +0000
Hello Gilles and all,

Your's an easy point of view from over the ocean which isn't correct.

IARU R1 has also the permit to use CW from 7000 up to 7200 for CW (in
countries which have expanded 40m to 7200) here as well.

BUT the contest RULE says no CW-operation above 7030 (the preferred
change as per info from Joerg, DL8WPX) is allowed in WAE operation.

So we have 3 things to keep in mind:

1) licence regulations  - even in DL CW is permitted 7000-7200 kc
2) IARU recommendations - no contesting above 7025
3) WAE contest RULES    - CW only in 7000-7030 kc

Interestingly the recommendation may be well thought (as a
recomendation) by the IARU, but the decission to convert to a MUST RULE
in WAE is clearly a decission of the WAE (DARC) Contest committee (sorry
Joerg) not complying to the recommendation in my point of view.

So to keep it clear participants which like to work in the WAEDC and
send in there logs have to KEEP to the RULES of the contests AND to the
regulations of their licence.

I for myself don't think the RULE in WAEDC is appropriate as the IARU
rule is just a recommendation and not usefull for 40m. Interestingly the
band got wider (7000-7200) and CW operation gets shortend to 7000-7030
from 7000-7100???

But I have to think if I'll take part in WAEDC as I planned in that case ...

73 & gl,

Axel Schernikau, DL6KVA
dl6kva@darc.de